Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 14:31 DrSquick

Perhaps I am being a bit dense here, but what is a "tiled UI application?" I am running Windows 8 and have never even looked at the Microsoft Store. I am running Steam, some humble bundle games, some uncertified utilities that pop up like Windows 7 does and say the publisher is unknown. They all work fine.

Is a "tiled UI application" something that only works in Metro? Is this related to the Windows ARM tablets only?

I don't get what all the hoopla is about, I only look at the start menu for a couple seconds; I dragged all my important apps to the left side, so I hit the windows key, and click the app I want, then the metro interface goes away. I'm guessing this is about people who want to make fullscreen metro games?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo