Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 17, 2012, 07:08 Dev

ViRGE wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 18:18:
Linksil wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:07:
Best summery of why this sells well is included in Totalbiscuits MP review of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLbJKs1jmI&feature=plcp

He pretty much hit it dead on why people play it so much compared to other FPS games. Even on computer.
Cliff notes for those of us who don't want to go through a 35 minute video?
Start at 17:30

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:06:
"Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for "Harry Potter" and "Star Wars," the two most successful movie franchises of all time.

I'm sure that if George Lucas (or Rowlings, for that matter) could have just released the same movie every single year over and over, and their lemming fans would have kept paying 60 bucks for it every single year over and over, that you wouldn't have exceeded their revenues.

Creston
You mean like say Twilight?
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:29:
I feel this is kind of relevant
Thats a great vid. He's trying to be funny, but he's also being completely honest as to how MTV (and by extension the music industry) views consumers. And he's one of the heads at MTV.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2012, 07:37.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo