Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 02:51 Fang

Yes, we all know Halo 1 was non-Xbox live. I'm sure those Bungie guys know too. Sorry, my comment wasn't clear. That comment was to point out Halo 1 was incredibly popular thus driving people to get Xbox Live for Halo 2. I know that's when I signed up.

Halo 2 didn't hit until 2004, at which point Xbox Live was already there to stay.

The point is we don't know that. Microsoft knows the Xbox Live subscription numbers back in 2003 and 2004, and so does Bungie. I don't recall MS releasing Xbox Live subscription numbers until 2007/8.

But if you read the article, the point Bungie was making was that they were integral in designing the service, compared to the other developers designing to the service. And if you don't think Halo 2 didn't drastically bump Xbox Live Gold subscription numbers, then you are deluding yourself.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo