Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 16:35 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:37:
but the pervasive attitude among hardcore gamers that anyone who buys the Call of Duty games every year are somehow less intelligent is crude.

They are less intelligent. I mean it doesn't surprise me in the least since people buy the nearly identical FIFA/Madden iterations year after year, but it clearly shows consumer stupidity. These are not new games anymore. Ever since CoD4 (and I actually LIKED CoD4) they've been releasing incremental updates at a $60 premium, and that says nothing of the ridiculously overpriced DLC inevitably shoveled out in between. I was fucking pissed when UT was gearing up for frequent iterations, but for fuck's sake at least Epic had the courtesy to make large, fundamental changes from UT-UT2K3-UT2K4-UT3.

The zombie mode is the only identifying factor here, but I somehow doubt it's worth $60.

Zombie mode in this is way over hyped "biggest map ever made for call of duty" etc, it's three maps - four if you purchased the digital deluxe version to get nuketown zombie mode. I thought there would be a mini story campaign for it, being that it's stand alone executable instead of a last minute easter-egg addition. It's just a couple of maps loosely stitched together by way of a bus you can ride on, gameplay is just like before - survive swarms of zombies till you die.

Multiplayer is actually pretty fun, enjoying the maps and the gameplay. It is what it is, gun p0rn for the most part.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo