Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 15:51 RailWizard

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:50:
Nacelle wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:14:
There was no sprint til 10, I think, when the game launched. Now you're whining about it not getting it at level 1 if you're playing for free. It's still a fun game and you get a lot of content for NO money. I unlocked mounts on one of my alts with legacy perks. My son, who is new to the game, doesn't have that option. I don't mount up when we play together. Big deal...

Like EA, you don't get it. The point of Free to Play isn't to just offer players all your content for free. The point of Free to Play is to make them try out your MMO, then let them have a good time so that they will WANT to pay money for extras.

By locking out shit like SPRINT and actual portions of the UI, you are not allowing free players to have fun. you are deliberately gimping them in the hope that they will shell out for a subscription. But if the game is pissing me off, why would I subscribe?

This really isn't that hard. There is a reason Lord of the Rings Online's revenues TRIPLED after they went Free to Play: Because they let players have FUN, didn't restrict anything at the start, and so people wanted to spend money.

EA is doing it exactly the opposite way, and sadly for them, it's not going to work.

Creston

I think LOTRO's success had a little something to do with Lucas not being able to fistfuck the LOTR franchise to near death. I'm so fucking sick of anything and everything Star Wars now thanks to that Jabba with a beard looking sack of shit that I hear the name and I just tune right out. Granted LOTR has shitloads of merchandising too, but nothing to the degree of SW.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo