Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2012, 13:34 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 13:20:
[
I'm really not particularly liberal, given that most of this site accuses me of being a corporate shill, and way to ignore the lengthy response to you on the other page, including your failure to ever give reasoning other than "because!"

Whatever, keep going back to personal responsibility, ignoring that for much of our country they never had the opportunity to be personally responsible, and ignoring that for pretty much our entire country there's really no upward mobility at all.

Again, you focus on Person B in your silly scenario when no one else is. The fact that Person A's life won't be significantly improved over Person B's is the problem. Rather than focus on that you concentrate on Person B.

And accuse everyone of being "liberals."

You pretty much quote the playbook on a constant basis, I dunno maybe you're just jealous of others success and wish you had their piece because you know it's impossible to make anything of yourself because the rich are hoarding all the success.

I don't see how person A wouldn't have more success, they're not dependent on anyone but themselves, they work hard, and know what they want to accomplish and have the means to do so.
Person B on the other hand has to go welfare check to welfare check just to make ends meet.

Anyone can succeed, sure people who aren't born into money are going to have a tougher time obviously, but the notion that if one isn't born rich that they have zero chances of success in life unless we give them handouts is flat out silly. You have to start somewhere. Pretending that no one who has ever had to struggle to make ends meet, has gone on to be successful further down the road is ridiculous.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo