Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 14:15 Tumbler

It would seem, to my eyes anyway, that the recent review site corruption dust up has scared a lot of outlets into treating games more objectively this holiday season. The biggest titles seem to be getting scores that feel more reasonable all things considered. Mid 80's is what I'd expect for games like Halo 4, AC3 and Black Ops 2. I expect them to be high quality titles but they're simply another version of an existing franchise and as such likely won't be reinventing the wheel.

The scores seem to be fair in my opinion. Xcom and Fifa 13 end up being the only 90's for the recent releases. I'm not sure I agree with Xcom getting a 90 though. I really enjoyed the game but once you beat it the game mechanics really start to annoy the crap out of me. And internal navigation (inside alien ships) is a fucking nightmare. I wonder when that dust up started... Xcom says oct 9th, looks like oct 12th was when that guy at eurogamer stepped down. So seems like xcom was under that umbrella of heavy publisher influence.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo