Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:03 Verno

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:34:
I've never been a fan of the idea of a space western, but found Firefly very enjoyable. And while I may be in the minority for suggesting it, skip the movie and pretend it didn't happen.

I thought the movie was alright for what it was. It was intended mainly for closure purposes and they had to make some concessions for marketing purposes (River blood dance bullshit). The TV show had a much slower pace and tone that fit better, the movie felt like they were trying to cram too much in.

I heard that later SyFy wanted to buy the rights to the show from Fox after the series was cancelled but for some reason they didn't want to and they never did anything else with it except for that movie

Ever heard the expression "Never sell property that could be leased"? Fox does a similar thing with IP, they don't sell a lot of it compared to other studios. It usually has to be a real money pit for them to divest it.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo