Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: On Sale Nov 15, 2012, 08:17 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 23:21:
Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 07:48:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 05:29:
Would I enjoy the first Darksiders?

Yes since the first darksiders is much better game then DS2. AS a long time gamer I found DS2 underwhelming (since I've played so many games) but as you are probably (from your post) a younger gamer go ahead and pick up DS1, it's a much better game then DS2. DS2 the combat and levels are pretty same-ish and rather bland, DS1's story was twice as good and the world was much more coherent then Darksiders 2.

Wow, that wasn't condescending at all.

Anyway, Darksiders 1's story was just as incoherent as DS2's. At no point did I ever care about the story or characters in either game. As for combat and level design, again, it's all very similar to the first game's. Your long-term experience as a gamer doesn't change these facts. If you enjoy the core gameplay in DS2 (the combat, platforming and puzzle-solving), you're almost guaranteed to enjoy the first game as well.

I don't get it either Jerykk. I played DS2 for myself last night and I honestly can't see any reason to dislike the game if you enjoyed 1. The only thing I can think of is that people don't like Death's character and maybe wanted him to play more like War.

Story wise, I don't see anything that was unexpected. I think Death controls a bit better than War and the loot system at least gives the game one more aspect to gameplay than its predecessor.

So yeah, I'm scratching my head at the notion that 1 is a better game than 2. The platforming in 2 feels more like Prince of Persia SOT...and that's not a bad thing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo