Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

110. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 05:04 theyarecomingforyou

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 04:08:
Anyway, I have a question. I have a quad core AMD AM3 cpu, 4 GB of memory, and a Geforce Ti 560. I keep getting stuttering and low framerates in busy open city-type games like GTA IV and Sleeping Dogs. What is the most important thing I need to upgrade in the short term to improve this?
My framerate often drops to 30-45fps in GTAIV, despite the fact I have a Core i7 @4.6GHz, 12GB RAM and a GTX680SLI setup. The only way you can improve performance is by lowering the resolution. As for Sleeping Dogs, it's optimised for AMD hardware but it's also very demanding graphically.

In terms of short term upgrades, if your current memory is going to be compatible with your upgrade then you're not losing anything by upgrading it now, though it won't affect performance much (it might help your minimum framerate but will do little to affect average performance). Apart from that the only upgrade you can do without replacing your motherboard and processor is your graphics card. To get a real improvement in performance you'd need to be looking at the GTX670 or the HD7950, both of which are reasonably pricey. You would get a performance improvements in a lot of games, though your processor will hold you back.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo