Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm in March 2013 Nov 14, 2012, 10:19 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 10:05:
I really liked the singleplayer in Starcraft 2 myself despite the handholding - I thought it was a great campaign with a great story and awesome CGI. It even had a few meaningful decision points, which was nice.

To each his own I guess, I found the campaign pretty long but average overall and got really annoyed at the constant handholding. I thought the story was predictable but that's just background for me anyway. CGI just doesn't wow me anymore, I see too much of it in movies and etc now. I don't recall the decisions being very meaningful in terms of impact but it's been awhile so my memory is foggy.

I really don't get the rampant dislike of the sequel from people who liked the original. Too same-y maybe? I only hated the missions that were timed, like the one where the world would flood with lava every few minutes. I don't like being rushed - it takes me a while to strategize and it's hard for me to play strategically when I am rushed.

I think it's that sequel catch-22 thing where people say they just want the original updated with better graphics but really do expect some innovation or at least original additions. SC2 was pretty samey although to be fair to Blizzard they never advertised it as groundbreaking. I think some people were expecting a transition to something new in the way that War2->War3 was and I don't think thats necessarily unreasonable in some respects.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo