Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:29 Verno

Bradley wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:44:
I see this type of comment so much and I don't understand the logic. If every drop gave you something you "need" (ie, better stats than what you have), then after 10 pickups you would be an immortal freaking GOD, and the game would be no challenge.

Nah I'm with Creston here, some loot consistency is appreciated and your comment about being a god seems offbase because thats not how BL2 works. Many of the quest rewards are garbage and Borderlands is heavily level driven, where one item can significantly increase in power only separated by a few levels from another. If the game is going to play the bazillion guns card, it's helpful to get loot worth using (regardless of its color) at a reasonable pace so you don't feel like you're always stomping things or getting stomped with nothing in between.

The reason people want the legendaries is because they're unique and a lot of the loot you do see is just variations of the same base item properties. Despite the bazillion guns claim, I found the actual variety of loot to be underwhelming. It almost reminds me of the weapon customization system in Brink but at least guns here have actual characteristics.

I think they need to introduce some more depth into the game instead of relying on very simple mechanics. Armor pieces for one would be great, lets see some more stats too and put a bit of actual RPG into this.

Also I hate this trend of trying to fix dev mistakes in SP/CO-OP games long after the fact, in this case its several patches later even. It's one thing to revert something quickly but another to let players use it as an acceptable part of the game for months then nerf it in their SP experience.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo