Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:07 Creston

Bradley wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:44:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:26:
Ton of changes, and nothing to the biggest problem with the game which is that the loot it drops is fucking pathetic. It makes Diablo 3 look like Santa Claus on a charity spree by comparison.

I see this type of comment so much and I don't understand the logic. If every drop gave you something you "need" (ie, better stats than what you have), then after 10 pickups you would be an immortal freaking GOD, and the game would be no challenge.

There is probably a setting to be found somewhere in between NEVER and EVERY drop. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

panbient wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 06:33:
In Borderlands 2 I've gotten more than a half dozen legendaries before completing the main quest and they were all rather awesome. Mind you those mainly drop from bosses rather than chests.

On my Commando, I found a grand total of 2 legendaries. Two. In 50 levels. I found one at level 4 (boom bewm's legendary grenade, which admittedly was an awesome drop because I used that thing up to like level 20.)

And I found a decent acid pistol somewhere around 18-20. That was the last of the legendaries I found.

And yes, I know they drop from bosses, so I farmed a few of them for awhile, and they dropped nothing of the kind either.

The game doesn't have to swamp you in legendaries or high-end purples, but it'd be nice if (the chest behind) a story mini-boss would at least drop SOMETHING decent. Nope, whites and greens.

I finally made it to PT2.5, went in about 20% on that, and when I opened yet another chest after yet another mini-boss, and said chest had again 4 white items (admittedly at level 50), I just fucking gave up.

There IS a ton of cool loot in the game. Like, seriously fucking AWESOME loot. But you're gonna have to either have the patience to farm shit like Terramorphous or Vermivorous dozens and dozens and dozens of times, or you're going to have to fuck around with the drop rates.

If you couple the terrible, terrible drop rates with the fact that the entire gun system is already ten times as boring as what they had in the first game (since you're essentially just finding the same 20ish guns over and over and over again), to me it just eventually becomes a drag.

In ALL of PT2, I found a grand total of half a dozen purples. That's it. I'm talking 20 levels and around 40 hours of playtime, and it gives you half a dozen purples. Woohoo?

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 08:04:
Color is important, not the end-all be-all.

Oh really? Man, how did I never realize that... Yes, Beamer, I'm well aware that sometimes you can find a green that's better than a blue, or even a purple. But trust me when I say that the true high-end stuff is all in the higher colors.

I'd post the crappy drop rates, but apparently the game just updated, so I'd have to wait another 45 mins before it's patched. Off the top of my head, the drop rates were weighed as

white - 200
green - 100
blue - 10
purple - 0.1
orange - 0.01

Once it's updated and I can look at them again, I'll edit it and fix it. (It's not as terrible as the slot machines, fortunately. If you were wondering why you've never seen a Triple Vault, it's because that falls with a 1-5 out of 32768 chance. )

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 09:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo