Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 19:50 WyldKat

sauron wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 17:03:
WyldKat wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:52:
$50 for an expansion and a monthly fee? Lulz.

Yeah... Rift was fun back when sub games were the only real option. But umm... GW2... over two months in and there's still loads of stuff I haven't done, not to mention a new dungeon, zone, and PVP map coming this week. All that for a one time fee of $60, you can't beat that.

I'm addicted to GW2, to the extent that I haven't even installed the copy of Skyrim or any of the other games I picked up in the summer sale (not quite true, I did play ME2 for an hour). No grind, great graphics, immersive world, encourages collaboration, log on for an hour here and there and still get stuff done. Really well put together, great game design.

I'm also anticipating running dungeons when hitting level 80. In other MMOs it takes ages to put a group together (no tank, no healer etc), but in this one it takes like 5 minutes and the dungeons all seem to take half an hour to finish. And there's still lots of strategy involved in a good run done by skilled players. Fun fun fun, and no monthly fee.

Skyrim was my love affair for like.. four months. I still love it and I really want to get the DLC sometime, too. It's just that it's singleplayer and I tend to devote more time to stuff I can do with friends. GW2 has pretty much dominated my gaming time because of this.

As far as dungeons, I run a lot of them. Some are designed really well, and are what I call challenging but fair dungeons. Others are downright broken. Still, the dungeon content is pretty good just bear in mind that if you go in with 5 DPS you might be able to get through it just not without a hefty repair bill. Having a support player, especially playing a class that does great support like Ele/Necro/Guardian, will make things smoother and ultimately, more fun.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo