Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 16:05 Teddy

Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:25:
Okay, I see. So I guess youíre one of those guys who thinks every James Bond movie is the same to because it has the name James Bond in every movie title, yep that makes sense to me. Insert "Sarcasm" right?

I think itís you that is confused!

No, you just seem completely oblivious to the differences between movies and games. Unsurprising really.

A movie is a story, period. A game (of this sort) on the other hand is a combination of story and mechanics designed to make interaction WITH the story entertaining.

Changing one aspect of it does not make it a new game. If they'd built a new engine, or made significant improvements over the last. Made some attempt at real change to the mechanics AND changed the story, that's a new game.

Note that when people do remakes of games, the same story as before but they change the engine, they charge a cheaper price for it. Funny that it doesn't seem to apply the other way around, when they change nothing in the engine but just tack on a new story, somehow that's worth full price in their minds.

Simple fact of the day, Movies != Games. Learn it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo