Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:14 Darks

deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:04:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:00:
deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 14:50:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

What does mods have to do with this game? Itís not even in the topic of discussion here.

As for it having the same name COD, that means nothing, itís just the front name being used. The real name of this series is Black OPs. Again, both titles are completely different haven have two complete different stories. Donít get confused over the name.

What I'm saying here is that a TC mod can do the same thing: change story, art, etc. We don't need this stuff to be sold off as a separate game to us.

Have you ever made a mod? I have, Iíve made several for Neverwinter nights, Rune and a bunch more. And this is something that is not easy to do without having a team of people who are committed to sparing their free time to make a mod in the scale that this game is in.

A mod to do whatís in this game would take several years to do. Just ask the Black Mesa guys how much time they put in to redoing Half Life. I have no problem with spending money on this game as long as itís good. Plus I personally love the Zombie mods, and now they have taken it to another level with the mini campaign as it is.

I would like to see them make a full on campaign starting back in WW II and having it so the Germans were responsible for the creation of Zombies and their experimentations and how the project gets out of control and bringing zombies to where they are now. Would be a great story if done right. This too could have been a mod, but I havenít seen anyone willing to raise the flag and take this on.

What youíre asking for and saying is a very high expectation, and one that wonít come to life.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo