Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

58. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 12:57 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:14:
I looked at it as a kind of test, to see if people were interested enough in multiplayer with the franchise to make it a significant part of whatever the next game is going to be and if the DLC business model was viable financially. For that reason, I didn't play it. I didn't want my "vote" to be "yes, spend time and money on multiplayer". I don't want multiplayer with this franchise. If I want a multiplayer shooter there are quite a few quality games to choose from. Quality single player games like the Mass Effect series are much more rare.

With that being said, I wouldn't ever bitch about the DLC or it's existence. It was free and I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do about multiplayer. I can't comment to it's quality obviously, I wouldn't know since I didn't play it, but calling it "scummy" as if it's some kind of scam is kind of weird when it is free.

edit: item stuff? You could pay to get the items instead of playing to earn them...I think...is that what you mean?

But if the MP is actually good (I thought it was, obviously YMMV) and it doesn't detract too much from the SP (I think the ending rush might have been influenced by the MP add-on. On the flipside, it was a different studio that made it, so maybe not), why wouldn't you want it? Like in ME3, you don't have to play it, but I thought it actually added quite a bit of value to the game. (In fact, I've played the MP far far FAR more than I played the SP. At least at the end of the MP I got a "mission succesful!" screen rather than "Hey, Shepard's a legend now! Buy more DLC!" bullshit.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo