Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 12:14 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:55:
Verno wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:07:
As for the MP, plenty of people played it. I've played it extensively for months, but when GW2 came out I finally stopped. I tried going back a few weeks after and gave up after 10 minutes of trying to get a match going.

On the weekends during the events sure but I had a lot of problems finding games during the week. The MP ended up boring me to tears due its very limited scope and lack of variety so I didn't really care though. Their implementation of buyable DLC was borderline scummy shit too but that's a different rant entirely.

I never had a problem finding games during the week, so not really sure what you were doing, to be honest...

And scummy? It's FREE DLC! As in: It costs NO money. And for that no money, they gave us more maps, more classes, more weapons and eventually (bit too late, but okay) another enemy faction to fight. You never had to spend a dime to get any of it. I never did, and I unlocked everything (apart from the last DLC, which I think I've yet to even download.)

Creston

I looked at it as a kind of test, to see if people were interested enough in multiplayer with the franchise to make it a significant part of whatever the next game is going to be and if the DLC business model was viable financially. For that reason, I didn't play it. I didn't want my "vote" to be "yes, spend time and money on multiplayer". I don't want multiplayer with this franchise. If I want a multiplayer shooter there are quite a few quality games to choose from. Quality single player games like the Mass Effect series are much more rare.

With that being said, I wouldn't ever bitch about the DLC or it's existence. It was free and I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do about multiplayer. I can't comment to it's quality obviously, I wouldn't know since I didn't play it, but calling it "scummy" as if it's some kind of scam is kind of weird when it is free.

edit: item stuff? You could pay to get the items instead of playing to earn them...I think...is that what you mean?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo