Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 10:45 Creston

Fion wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 23:26:
NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 20:54:
No UE3? Thank god.

QFT. I am so sick of the UE3 engine. Every game looks and feels identical because it is so prevalent.

On topic: I did a double take on the ME4. Really? ME4? I guess I should never have doubted it. But I do wonder what exactly will it be about? How can you even call it Mass Effect since the entire mass effect station network exploded and half the characters are dead? PvP only is possible, but does anyone think ME3 multiplayer was any good? Nobody I know played it past the 'oh this is new' stage. An ME game not about the games universe with a deep RP story (the ending of ME3 not withstanding) is almost unthinkable to me.

I thought I'd never see Bioware jump the shark. They are one game away from going on my blacklist, along with Blizzard.

Note that they retconned the gate networks exploding. They are now just damaged, and the extended cut shows them being repaired. Also, they have quite often said that any new games would not be set AFTER the events of ME3 (as originally they had just raped the entire universe), and there's plenty of timelines to play with in follow up games. They can set it as a "what also happened" game set during the original 3, or they can go like 2000 years in the past and show us the Rachni wars. (which still gets my vote. Let me be a Krogan commando who goes to wipe out the Rachni on their homeworld.)

As for the MP, plenty of people played it. I've played it extensively for months, but when GW2 came out I finally stopped. I tried going back a few weeks after and gave up after 10 minutes of trying to get a match going.

It was quite enjoyable, in my opinion.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo