Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 01:16 Draugr

loomy wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 23:14:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:27:
loomy wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:21:
In other words, "we're making Mass Effect a shooter now because those make a lot of money. It seems like Halo anyway so why not."

What a dumb statement. The previous versions used the UE3 engine, and managed to not be "a shooter", so why does the change to the Frostbite engine somehow mean it'll be a shooter? The engine has nothing to do with what type of game you end up with. Hell, they are using the Frostbite engine to make a new Command and Conquer, and that sure as hell isn't a shooter.

The previous versions of Mass Effect were more and more shooter over time. Bioware Montreal's greatest accomplishment is Mass Effect 3 multiplayer WHICH IS NOTHING BUT A SHOOTER. So what's dumb is your face

Well, I agree with you, and while Bioware Montreals pedigree plays a part of why I think that, I think it's most apparent in their statement

You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.

No mention of RPG/Roleplaying.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo