Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 17:26 theyarecomingforyou

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:04:
My friend used a VPN to get early access through Steam but he got caught and his account is now banned.
Doubtful. I used a VPN to play several games early on Steam (including Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Dishonored) and didn't have any issues (I was connected to the Steam Community and was Online at the time), nor did any of the people I know. A moderator on the Steam forums confirmed that there is no problem with using a VPN to access Steam.

What's more likely is that your "friend" bought the game in a different region to get it cheaper and they were caught out, as that goes against the Steam end-user agreement.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo