Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 17:15 eRe4s3r

I used VPN many many times to get early access to games I bought (elsewhere that is, not on Steam bought, but registered key on steam) and was never banned. But I was VERY careful never to let steam go online after unlocking game with VPN until the game was unlocked in my region. And I entered the key properly before, so it was preloaded and literally just "waiting for unlock" after unlock. I would disconnect the VPN, switch Steam to offline and never be seen again until release day.

Your friend is the first mention I ever heard of anyone getting banned for using vpn PURELY to unlock a game earlier. Maybe he bought with VPN or entered the key while connected via VPN, that would be a clear violation of several EULA sections. But just "logging in" with a VPN active is not illegal nor forbidden. Ain't your fault steam gets confused with active connections.... and thinks I teleported to South Korea....

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo