Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 12, 2012, 10:27 Flo

I have win 8 installed on my machine for about 3 months now. I am a power user (.net Programmer) and gamer.

-fast
-rock solid Performance
-missing start menu -> dont care (win + X)
-all games work as in win 7
-Metro -> dont care

Two weeks ago we bought a Samsung ativ tablet with win 8 (x86) and now whenever I use an Ipad i'm thinking: how the hell can anyone do stuff with this apple garbage? Win 8 is not just Microsoft coming late to the tablet Party, it is crushing all the other android, iOS products out there.

Even Win RT is superior to an iPad (Network shares, multiple user profiles, file explorer out of the box, Docking apps)

In my opinion they did a hell of a Job merging all the "legacy" code with a Slick new tablet UI, but nobody seems to realise that providing backwards compatibility for millions of devices and applications is a big deal...

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo