Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 12, 2012, 02:24 Prez

Fantaz wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 01:25:
Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:00:
The more details I hear about this game the less interested about it I become. Does anyone not remember what a fantastic singleplayer game Wing Commander was? I so don't care about all of this multiplayer talk.

This is 2012 (almost 2013), not every game needs to ship with both singleplayer and multiplayer components. I believe all games should be having SP and MP sold separately, so if you want to play MP you buy that or if you want both you can buy the bundle deal. Also that way you can continue development and support independently.

That's fine (thanks for the year update though - I lost my calendar and was fuzzy on what year it was ). I prefer games be one or the other myself, not both, as it tends to make both versions weaker than they would have been otherwise. I just can't help be disappointed that the first game after what seems like forever from the best space opera game designer on the planet is so multiplayer-centric (based on the info so far anyway). Wing Commander is in my top 5 most favorite games of all time, and it neither had nor needed multiplayer. I'd be much happier if they were planning on working on two separate games as you suggest, but it seems that they are promising the moon, and when coming down to reality I expect the singleplayer will suffer since multiplayer with its microtransactions is where the money is at.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo