Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 11, 2012, 23:25 Flatline

ViRGE wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 22:10:
The Galaxy Server handles the persistent world, and then delegates some tasks to an instance server when going into real-time combat. At no point are they implying that this is peer-to-peer or that clients are going to be trusted.

Actually you're assuming that the "instance" will be offered up server-side and not peer vs peer unless you have other information than what's above.

Otherwise this isn't "unique" or special about the architecture at all (and it already really isn't). Boneyards did this with Total Annihilation back in the 90's. Starfleet Command pretended/aspired to do this in SC2 & SC3.

We'll see what happens. I've seen enough warning flares that I can easily wait until I see more of how this is structured before I jump on board or not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo