Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

117. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2012, 15:40 Prez

Think of it this way Prez... Are there any games that you've played that you think would be greatly improved by replacing it's own system with regenerating health?

I don't think of health systems at all; they are invisible to me until people bring them up. Despite its obvious limitations due to being developed to run on inferior hardware, I thought Halo was a fantastic experience without really considering the health system at all, at least at first. I care about the gameplay and immersion, and really don't pay attention to things like save systems and health systems unless they become a detriment to my enjoyment. Later on I considered it thoroughtly when people kept bringing it up, but that only served to make me admire Halo more.

Since I've already lost my PC gamer cred anyway for daring to speak blasphemously by liking regenerating health systems, I guess I have nothing to lose by saying that I found the regenerating shields/medpack health system of Halo to be FAR superior to any FPS health system previous to it. I can't help that everyone else seems to think of it as the end of gaming as we know it; not only do I not dislike it, I actually prefer it. So cross me off your list of people to take game recommendations from I guess and add me to the list of people helping add to the downfall of gaming. All I know is that I am enjoying be a gamer immensely these days; everything else just fades into the background.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2012, 15:50.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo