Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 11, 2012, 01:08 shihonage

Orogogus wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 00:29:
I honestly cannot fathom being outraged -- and you're totally flying off the handle here -- because you're buying those things in the store and they're forcing you to ruin your game. Is your game ruined the second you see a cheat code on the Internet, or once you find out the game can be modded? Because that's the level of self-control we're talking about. DON'T USE THE GODDAMNED DLC IF YOU THINK IT'S OVERPOWERED. Just use those other things, which you would be getting in the normal course of the game.

I mean, if the complaint is that it makes your store cluttered, that's kind of valid, but not "OMG the Steam version is broken boohoo *sob*" material here.

Internet 101: accusing the other person of being emotional is the key to winning arguments.

But I'm not here to play games with you. I am pointing out the fact - Dead Space 2 on Steam is broken. With all the outrage about Doom 3 BFG edition, Dead Space 2 has gotten very little actual press, and hasn't been fixed STILL.

Are you familiar with the phrase "keeping an honest man honest"? You know that most door locks cannot withstand a deliberate intrusion, and yet leaving your door open isn't quite the same as having one locked - no matter how flawed the lock is.

So there goes your comparison between cheats, hacks, and having end-game items staring you in the face 30 minutes through the game.

To you this may be a non-issue, but it is definitely not a "feature" by any stretch of the imagination. It adds nothing to the game, only subtracts from it.

That's why there's a 23-page about it, on Steam:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780675

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2012, 01:15.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo