Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation Nov 10, 2012, 09:40 sir

Flatline wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 04:08:
sir wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 02:51:
Molyneux is that rarest of things, the game development equivalent of John Carpenter; A master of his craft in the beginning, but a latter day snake-oil salesman.

Bullshit. Name just about every "master" game developer of the 90's and they've gone on to mediocrity.

Lord British? Hah.

Most of the team at iD? Barely shadows of themselves. And Romero is going to make you his bitch.

Warren Spector? I won't judge Epic Mickey, but he thinks consolization is a fantastic thing and pumped out Deus Ex 2 immediately after getting a lobotomy, which must have occurred shortly after DX1 was released.

We'll see if Chris Roberts swings & misses.

I'd say at *least* half of the "masters of their craft" from 10+ years ago have either left the industry or blow chunks.

And as for this Curiosity thing, it strikes me as a giant web counter with a BUNCH of zeroes on it, and Molyneux crying that when the counter hits a specific, secret number someone gets a prize.

Which is fucking stupid.

Congratulations, you've cited four examples in an industry that employs tens of thousands of development personnel. And from where do you get your approximation of 'half of the "masters of their craft" from 10+ years ago have either left the industry or blow chunks'? I'm guessing it came from the same place as Molyneux' latest game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo