Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

229. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2012, 21:37 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 20:43:
Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 19:04:
Well, what I am seeing two parties dropping anchor and refusing to budge from their positions, which belies the overwhelming judgment of those here who emphatically insist that it's only the GOP that won't compromise. Neither party is blameless in the stalemate by my estimation. When is the last time Harry Reid talked about compromise?

It's the problem with politics today - the constituency elects hard-nosed idealists and looks at candidates willing to compromise as weak.

Umm... what exactly do you want the Democrats to offer? They've already offered like 3 or 4 to one cuts to revenues. Republicans said no, they'd only accept 0 revenues. That was a long while back. Now they've tightened up again and are talking 2-3 to 1 cuts to revenues. Republicans still say they won't accept revenue increases. So we can't even begin to negotiate what or how much to cut when the Republicans won't budge at all on revenues. They've already pledged to do what Norquist wants, not what's best for the country. They've painted themselves into a corner.

That's what the public - you and me - hear. Through the sensationalist media. I would expect that instead of trading public jabs to score political points on the nightly news these clowns would get behind closed doors and actually do some negotiating. And another thing; cuts are not concessions; in the mess we are in they are an absolute necessity and a foregone conclusion. The Democrats are not yielding anything. The two parties need to sit down and work out what exactly will be cut instead of whoring themselves to the media. In union negotiations at work the two parties will present an unyielding stance upfront but with ardent negotiation sooner or later compromises are always reached. That's what negotiating is, and the Democrats are no more willing to do it than the Republicans are. Obama needs to force these guys to the table and fight it out. Enough of the media showboating.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo