Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 07:46 NewMaxx

I own and have owned many Razer products. I do enjoy them, but they do take some getting used to and contain many nuances. They also lean towards needing maintenance like a performance automobile, with known issues that can kill the hardware pretty rapidly. The software isn't much better, and many times I had to run the hardware "stag."

That being said, their "entry-level" stuff, while overpriced, is still quite nice, and some of their more expensive hardware (also overpriced) just fills the right niche (especially the BlackWidow). I admit it's a bit of an addiction and I feel halfway an Apple fanatic when I buy their stuff. The key is getting their entry-level goods when on sale, as their basic stuff (arctosa + abyssus) can be affordable and outside the Logitech cartel's influence.

As for this idea...can't say I didn't see it coming, and can't say it's not ridiculous. It's true that professional gamers make surprising use of the extras (more so than I'd like to accept) but this is still a bit too much. Keep in mind that in some places (Asia), this is not only not unusual but was kind of desired. It is strange for the "Western" gaming crowd but then again, much of that is console-based, the rest sponsored, so it's just a different world.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2012, 07:56.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo