Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 02:48 PropheT

I like Razer mice generally, but their information doesn't mesh with the changes in Synapse 2.0. Synapse 1 allowed you to use offline mode, or not even use Synapse at all, and still have full configuration of the mouse; I have no idea why they'd decide you need Synapse with 2.0 in order to access features that aren't actually tied to the profiling feature of Synapse in the first place.

Not just putting the memory on the mouse because of pricing concerns is absolute bullshit, though. The Corsair M90 is more solidly built than a Naga, uses better materials than the Naga, has onboard hardware profiles, and can often be found for $20-$30 cheaper.

All that said, even though I think some of Razer's other mice are among the best available, the Naga's popularity baffles me; it is a steaming pile for regular use since most of the gimmicky buttons aren't anywhere approaching usability, and the standard back/forward navigation buttons are so far out of place that they may as well not even be there. Even for the games they're intended for there's more comfortable and easier ways to customize a setup without sacrificing the usefulness of your mouse for other functions on your PC.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo