Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 7, 2012, 00:04 sgtrock

Axis wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 19:44:
bhcompy wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 19:37:
Unfortunately Ubuntu has been going downhill, but I guess it's a start

Ubuntu hasn't been going downhill, it's just established. Nothing is as exciting compared to fresh new distros lighting a spark of enthusiasm -- and Ubuntu has already been there.

I think it's safe to say that Ubuntu has been going in the wrong direction for quite a while. I gave up on it when it was announced that Unity was becoming the default UI. That was about the same time that Kubuntu and other variants were essentially deprecated as well. Between the two moves, I figured I was better off looking somewhere else.

I looked around for a bit and decided that I might as well move upstream to Debian. I've been happily running Debian stable with a few backported apps for nearly two years.

My name is also in the pot for the beta. Since I'm not running Ubuntu, though, I'm assuming that I won't see an invitation to an expanded beta for quite a while. If ever. That's fine, I'm reasonably patient. I fully expect to be playing around with Steam on Linux some time next year.

As to the comments about the slim game selection? Give it time, fellas. It'll take a while for a catalog to get built up. BTW, the list is already up to 50 games, not just 24. That list is growing at a respectable clip, too. It was at 36 games when I last checked it a couple of weeks ago.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo