Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Kind of finally have power Nov 4, 2012, 19:31 kanniballl

My parents got power back on Saturday night over here in NJ... so at least I can crash somewhere that has lights and HEAT.

Unfortunately my condo is still dark, and latest word is it will stay that way until Wednesday. So, sucks for me I guess. But I didn't have any damage at my place so I guess that counts for something.

What's REALLY annoying is getting gas... this is turning into a real cluster****

In my town, the lines go on for miles. I waited in line for 3 hours for NOTHING. The station had power and plenty of gas, but the owner couldn't get anyone to come in to man the pumps and said "Oh well, sucks for all of you." (Note: NJ requires employees to fill your tanks, unlike most of the country).

But at least I played it smart and made sure my battery didn't die... others weren't as prepared and got stuck with a dead battery and almost no gas.

I eventually rolled the dice and drove 25 miles away to find gas in Flemington when I only had about maybe 35 miles left in my tank. Fortunately lady luck shined on me. Otherwise I didn't have enough to get home without asking a co-worker to meet me with a gas can.

Sigh I'm hoping my condo gets power soon. I love my folks, but after almost a week with them I'm starting to lose my cool.

-

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2012, 19:37.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo