Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 4, 2012, 10:37 Tom

Yep it's sketchy as all hell but .....

SPACE SIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

The bait is just too big.

Let's look at this from the perspective of Chris Roberts for a moment. He shipped some spectacular games in his early days. Then things got messy and he had to bail. What is this project to him? Is it a chance to relive his glory days? Get the band back together? Prove to the world he's still got it? Have millions of adoring fans once again? Maybe even move on to bigger and better projects and secure his place in history as a game developer legend?

Or is it one last desperate attempt to cash in on past success? Raise all kinds of $$$, produce a mediocre-at-best product that makes a feeble attempt to please everyone and pleases nobody, and hopefully ride off into the sunset with a few million bucks (and millions of disappointed would-be fans)?

I find it hard to get a read on this guy. But I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt (for now) because he was involved with the best game ever made (Wing Commander 2) and if there's even a 1% chance of success this time I want to be a part of it. Irrational, but that's how humans can be.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo