Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 18:50 Ratty

Keith wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 18:35:
It should be noted that George stated he won't make any more any more Star Wars films. So, if nothing else, we will get to see more. And as a product of the Star Wars-era, almost anything is better than nothing. He is reportedly a bit of a tightwad over the extended universe, too, keeping the reins close on what can be done and how. I fully respect canon, but can also appreciate a little artistic license. I want to see some super-star destroyers ripping an alliance fleet to pieces while swarms of fighters pour around the battlefield, blowing ships and esape capsules out of the proverbial sky.
While I agree that I haven't thought any recent SW games were worth a damn and they don't seem to be commercially successful, it is stil the Star Wars universe. Any reasonably competent nit-wit should be able to make a SW game that sells well because it is fun and has super-star destroyers. Or AT-ATs. Or both. And as we all know, SW has proven to be a cash cow. Therefore, someone will figure it out and we will see a new SW game. So says Nostradamus.
Edit: URL to NY Times article about George not making any more SW films was too long. Going to have to find it yourself.
I just read an interview with Mark Hamill yesterday (might even have been a Blues News article) where he said he and Carrie Fisher had lunch with George a year ago where he told them he was going to make the next three Star Wars movies, or at least his studio was going to do it under the direction of the Katherine woman who is in charge. So his studio was making plans to do them at least as recently as a year ago.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo