Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2012, 05:04 eRe4s3r

I listened to a podcast about the US election system today where they talked about the last 3 presidential elections and how it all works what happened there, frauds, Swift Voting (pacs) etc..... and gotta say.. WOW. You call that a fair and free democracy? Winner takes all (enforces that only 2 parties ever are relevant)? Federal states can decide how the election ballots look, what machines to use where and then you have voting fraud that is not recounted because a news station "calls" a result and everyone goes home? Or the entire idea about PAC's, Swing states and how any other state is completely ignored by the election race? Caging, Red shifting...

Or how the electoral college is not bound to vote how the people voted (like at all?) Or how when a candidate was voted by more people, the one who has the most electoral college votes on his side wins anyway (how is that a democracy, majority rule is still defined by someone having the MAJORITY of support!)? Or how 3rd parties are barred from the entire election race by design (winner takes all literally is designed so that only 2 parties ever can compete). And in effect, makes both parties nearly identical in a perverse way. Or how there is absolutely no system in place to prevent double votes? Or that you can only vote on a weekday (where the poor who need every $ have to take an entire day worth of income loss if they want to vote?) And how you can call an election working if people have to wait 8 hours in line because there is only 1 voting machine?

Seriously, I am flabberghasted. I never realized the election system in the USA is that .... messy

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo