Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal Nov 1, 2012, 22:12 .Drifter

Flatline wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 21:38:
It's not a matter of "needing" money, it's a matter of "If we don't get this money we go away" desperation. Which means that if the EDC is legit in this case, 38 studios said "We're doing fine, but with this money we could expand, bring on more people, and make more/bigger games".

But it sounds like it's possible that 38 studios was sending graft back to the EDC. Which again would answer your question.

"Hey, I need money. Say 70 million. Give us a loan for 75 and 5 of it will get 'reinvested in the community' if you know what I mean."

So, basically, they didn't need to expand . . . but if they did expand, they would need money to do it?

My point was, basically, $75 million is a LOT of money to borrow in a "just because it's useful to have" sense. I find it highly doubtful no one would have been suspicious.
This isn't like me going up to a friend and saying "Hey man, I'm doing fine, but with $20 thousand I could be doing better, ha ha."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo