Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 31, 2012, 18:13 m0deth

Yeah, it's incomplete, but then, so is Planetside 2, so was Blacklight, I can keep going...and they all want money up front.

Don't think it's just PGI doing this, they had profitable examples to go on, so don't act like there's still a CompUSA with boxed games to compare it to.

That said, I was a closed tester, and I was one of those vehemently against going Open at this point. In terms of a complete gaming experience, or at least the one they promised us...it's sadly behind in development.

It isn't however, what Shataan makes it out to be, he whined there, and refused to accept some advice...and still acts like he did something courageous by stomping his feet and getting his money back.

I have an elite founder pack, and have zero problems getting what I want in game using CBills(ingame earned currency). It's not a money pit unless you spend MC like a retard on crack. The new Hero mech so far, is the only bad value they have put forth if you are into this sort of game(WoT fans know what I'm talking about).

Just try it yourself, yes trial mechs kind of suck if you can't pilot well, but I have to say, the first thing I did on Open Beta wipe, was to use them to build a bankroll, and they work for that if you aren't a moron.

Find a group to play with, get organized now, as the match maker is putrid and will be fixed soon, but a damn shame for an open beta, I will agree with that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo