Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 30, 2012, 19:16 Krizzen

Turglar wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 08:12:
Of course there is one "beta" apologist in every thread. Considering anyone can download and play, they're taking money, and there will be no more wipes, it's no longer beta, no matter what they label it or how incomplete it is.

This. The quality is definitely beta, but the game is by all counts released. Taking money, no wipes, and big promotions for going "beta" are sure fire signs it's a shameless, rushed money grab for a currently inferior product designed as a triple-A MechWarrior game.

I don't particularly have a problem with their business model, since business is business, but I personally believe they should've used the $5 million they raised to put a bit more polish on the game (besides flashy graphics). Some good, honest QA can go a LONG way as long as the team is willing to be realistic about their product's flaws.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo