Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 30, 2012, 11:42 Creston

Anonymous wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 23:36:
Whoever was talking about minimal size on SSD's needs to rethink the situation.

There are 120 GB SSD's available at the local Fry's Electronics for $230 with a 550 MB/sec read, 500 MB write speed.

If you can get 3 of those running in a RAID-0 array, that's 360GB running at 1650 MB/sec read, 1500 MB write.

I think 360 GB is adequate unless you have a collection of downloaded movies in addition to games.

I'm quite sure you could have a 4'th SATA slot HDD of 500GB or more to back up anything you don't currently need.

Again, unless you are currently running the latest Intel motherboard and the latest Intel SSD (which came out like a month or so ago,) running SSDs in a RAID is a Really Bad Idea because it disables TRIM. Without TRIM, your SSDs will fill up with useless junk data and eventually lose a significant chunk of their performance.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo