Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 30, 2012, 07:33 Shataan

"If you're hoping for a more simulation-like game, you'll be disappointed. It's even more arcade and dumbed down than MW4."

If you are anything like ME, and were looking for something more along the lines of a Mechwarrior 3 type piloting experience, MWO in the cockpit and visually delivers. It really does sim the Mechwarrior incockpit piloting experience. I`d rank it the best ever done in this regard on the PC.

Where it loses me is how bloated the Mechbay is, with the money system implimented. I just wanted Mechwarrior 3 incockpit piloting experience, with a Next Gen visuals delivery. I didn`t find it Arcadey. That would be Mechwartrior 4 or Hawken.

I could be wrong, but my impression is that the MWO F2P thing, is really Free To Try. And they are so intent on making the almighty buck, that to me it looks like it is gonna be more or less a Money Pit. I bought the Founders, so that was 120.00. And you`d think that`d be enough for a game with clunky mp features, no sp campaign etc. But nope. The buck doesn`t stop there. Literally.

Long story short, I got my Refund. And will wait it out for something more to my liking. Maybe the Heavy Gear Remake will bebigger on game, and a tad less ambitious to fill its pockets.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo