Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 29, 2012, 08:50 theyarecomingforyou

Krizzen wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 12:43:
Your steam profile shows you only have maybe 7 hours between all of those games. Perhaps you should rectify your definition of "love".
Love != Playtime

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 13:47:
For claiming not to be a graphics whore, you sure keep bringing up the visuals as a reason for not liking it... Have you ever tried Minecraft? The answer to that question will determine whether you're just a hater with preconceived notions of something really, really popular that you really *don't* understand, or a somewhat sad individual completely lacking any creativity, imagination, wonder, and innate drive for exploration.
Yes, I have played it actually. And while graphics are far from the be-all-and-end-all of gaming when you have very bad graphics they detract from the experience. As for the significance, the graphics are what you'll spend most of your time looking at and they do a lot to define your experience.

Bhruic wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 13:26:
Well, I'm neither blind or "simple", but I don't see the appeal of it. That doesn't mean I think people can't enjoy it, but that's a matter of taste. I don't see the appeal of the opera, but plenty of people go to see it.
This. It's not that Minecraft doesn't have any merit but I think a lot of its success is built upon it being an alternative style, where it deliberately shuns graphics. I mean, look at shit like this - it looks like ass... for a game released ten years ago! If the gameplay redeemed it that would be one thing but it doesn't, at least for me. That's what I mean when I say I don't understand why people like it.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo