Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 13:47 jacobvandy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 11:12:
PHJF wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 09:33:
You answered your own question in the same fuckin post. The game is a computer programmer's wet dream. There are innumerable videos on youtube as proof.
I understand the concept, I just don't understand why people like it when the implementation is terrible (graphically and in terms of gameplay). As for being a "computer programmer's wet dream" I couldn't care less, as I play games for enjoyment - I'm not a computer programmer, not do I have any interest in becoming one.

More importantly, I don't understand why Ubisoft spent effort developing a Far Cry 3 mod for Minecraft.

For claiming not to be a graphics whore, you sure keep bringing up the visuals as a reason for not liking it... Have you ever tried Minecraft? The answer to that question will determine whether you're just a hater with preconceived notions of something really, really popular that you really *don't* understand, or a somewhat sad individual completely lacking any creativity, imagination, wonder, and innate drive for exploration.

As for Ubisoft doing a Far Cry 3 tie-in... Uh, that's pretty simple marketing. Tens of millions of people around the world play Minecraft on PC, Xbox, and mobile devices; it's far more pervasive than any game or even series they have ever produced. They're tapping into what's trendy in an attempt at cross-promotion, because they know most gaming sites will report on it. (Which they did, here and elsewhere.)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo