Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 28, 2012, 11:05 Prez

Trevellian - I don't see it as contradictory. First, Freelancer's multiplayer was not like what he's pitching here as far as I can tell. It was complimentary to the core singleplayer experience, and relatively limited as compared to Eve Online. Secondly, Freelancer was made with the backing of Microsoft and spent years in development. Taylor doesn't have the luxury of a monolithic publisher with virtually bottomless coffers this time. Limited resources demands limited focus. Seeing as how he intends this to be an online multiplayer game at heart with microtransactions and all, I just can't see this being a solid singleplayer game. Everything presented thus far points directly to the contrary. So barring any major revelations, I am not going to support this. I am clearly not the target audience here.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2012, 11:11.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo