Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 27, 2012, 14:54 Lit_Reflex001

Your right! I, however, am going to very much take 1650 MB/sec read speed with having to deal with copying games over to my backup HDD and reinstalling Steam (if applicable).

There's a way to copy games into Steam without having to re-download.

What you do is you delete everything except steam.exe and the steamapps folder. You then copy in correctly the game data you want into steamapps.

Then run Steam.exe, let it redownload the Steam core files, then you select the game you installed manually and select "verify game cache".

It will then verify the data, redownload any missing files, and you can run your game again without having to download the entire thing.

With this, you can backup games to an HDD that you don't currently need but might want in the future.

Note: it can take some time to verify the cache. For some reason, it will download some data (not much though) despite having copied everything.

If you have a faster connection than my .73 megabit DSL and a faster computer than this Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz, you probably won't experience any hassle.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo