Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2012, 13:58 DrSquick

It is definitely the mods, I put maybe a dozen hours into the game when I first got it, but with mods I easily have more hours into MC then even WOW; 2000+ would be a pretty good estimate.

My favorite are the industrial mods. With a combination of 10-15 mods, you start off with the vanilla game, make a basic shelter, start mining by hand, work your way up. Then the mods take over and the goal becomes building massive nuclear power plants, huge automated sorting, grinding, and smelting factories, and enormous computer-controller mining rigs where you had to learn a programming language to code your own mining robot.

This one particular nuclear reactor I made was cooled by a series of 12 bucket-filling machines filling buckets with water, then a giant spiderweb of vacuum tubes sucked the filled buckets out and poured them on the boiling hot reactor. Then another series of machines grabbed the empty buckets and fed them back into the fillers. This machine was hundreds of blocks in all directions and took 40+ hours to make. It generated so much power that if the cooling system failed it would go critical and blow my entire base to bits in under 5 seconds.

Thats fun that is limited only by what you can think to make... It is a sandbox game in the truest sense of the term. Remember too that it is fully multiplayer, so if you have a private server with 10 people or so, you can go see what they made, go on adventures together, or specialize - you make power, your friend makes giant mining machines, and you both need each other to function.

I know it's lame, but every six months or so I get the urge to go back, I load up all the mods and end up sinking another 200 hours into it... I've got more entertainment out of that game for $15 then I did from $1000 of AAA games I bet.

PS - I love legos too. (only reason I had kids... more legitimate to play with legos.)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo