Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 13:34 Grifter

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 12:21:
No mod is ever going to be able to fix that clusterfuck that is megatexture, but who knows, maybe some enterprising soul will create a race game in Rage, since the racing part was the only thing I really enjoyed. And it really bugged me that once you've won all of them "Har har, you can't race anymore!"

actually the problem was not megatextures technology that worked perfectly fine. The problem with his game was that he had to compress the textures to get them on to a format that people could actually realistically use.

THe final build of Rage was over 1 terabyte of data and almost all of it was textures. What do you think is going to happen if you compress 1 tb of textures down to 25gigs of data. Your textures resolution is going to be severly downgraded and thats what happened here. I am looking forward to the mod tools because I am sure someone is going to release A high res texture pack at some point that will show what Rage should have looked like before the compression destroyed the textures

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 13:40.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo