Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Original DOOM 3 Off Steam Oct 24, 2012, 09:17 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 08:06:
The one thing I don't really get is: Don't these people already HAVE Doom 3? I mean, if you want to play Doom 3 with mods, I understand the BFG edition is pointless, but are there really that many gamers out there who have been just dying to play Doom 3 with mods, but waited until now to get it?

Everyone who bought the game on Steam can still access it. Everyone who bought a boxed copy can still play it?

I can only speak for myself but I often play and replay games years later. Right now I am playing a few SNES games even. Unfortunately I'm not always diligent about keeping them handy, sometimes I lose them in moves and whatnot. So it's helpful to have an option to replace them.

Personally I could care less about Doom 3, I thought it was a thoroughly mediocre game but I can see why it would bother a fan. Is there any reason to remove it other than forcing people to get the newer one? Assuming the newer one sells then they'll be peddling DLC for it I'm sure. It's not hard to see what people are annoyed at (I dont really see anyone up in arms about it).

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo