Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 21, 2012, 02:32 Creston

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 23:32:
Agreed, sure LucasArts rushed them with Kotor 2, I get that, but when you sign a contract to deliver in XX amount of months, be able to do so.

Same with AP, Sega's not exactly rolling in the money these days and I always thought that was kinda a odd paring with them as a publisher on that type of game anyway.

For as good as a game FO:NV turned out to be it was pretty bugtastic at launch as well. Seems to be a running theme with Obsidian imo.

Avellone has said (in last week's AMA) that the blame for Kotor2 falls squarely on Obsidian, not on LA. They tried to bite off more than they could chew and they failed.

Apparently Dungeon Siege 3 actually was pretty solid out the gate, and they said they changed their internal QA procedures right before that. So hopefully things will run better this time around. I do think that if there are big issues, they will just get patched. They don't have to wait for a publisher to come up with money to pay for it. (plus they don't have to deal with MS and Sony's certification process.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo