Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: On Sale Oct 20, 2012, 22:12 Jerykk

yuastnav wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 05:50:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:15:
How is Risen 2 a horror game..? Not sure why it's included in the sale. Still, $17 is a great deal if you enjoyed Gothic 1, 2 and Risen.

Ah, here we disagree. I loved Gothic 1 and 2, Gothic 1 is probably my most favourite game ever. I played them to death.
And that is why I didn't really like Risen and will probably not play Risen 2 (I played a bit of the beta and didn't like it) - because it is just more of the same and nothing new.
PB's performance has been disappointing lately and the route they have taken with Risen 1/2 is not to my liking. Though I am probably in the minority on this one.

If you loved Gothic 1 and 2, I'm not sure why more of the same would be considered a bad thing. That said, Risen 2 probably has the most changes to PB's formula. The skill and equipment systems have been completely revamped and there are a lot more non-combat options in the quests. The weakest part of Risen 2 was the monster AI. In the previous games, the monsters actually slept at night (unless they were nocturnal) and attacked each other. They don't sleep in Risen 2 and very rarely attack each other. Also, they turned lockpicking into a minigame that pauses the rest of the world while you're doing it. I thought Gothic had the best lockpicking implementation, as you had to learn the most common lock patterns and if you broke a pick, you risked being heard by nearby NPCs. It was a subtle yet intense mechanic that worked really well.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo